TDR: Alexa, play the Masters theme song
* Off the bench *
* Leading off *
It’s hereeeeee. The Masters is officially underway, and I’m sorry, but is Tiger Woods going to win this year? He opened with a 70 aka the same thing he shot in the opening round three of the four times he won the Masters. Coincidence? I think not. He was also wearing a navy mock turtleneck. You know what happened last time he wore a mock turtleneck? He. Won. The. Tournament. That’s it cased closed, Tiger is going to win the first major of the year. Other notable names floating around the top are Jon Rahm, Adam Scott and Rickie Fowler. Kind of hard to actually believe the Masters is here, happening and we are in the middle of it.
Stanley Cup Playoffs
Alright, alright time for us to start talking hockey here at TDR. The Playoffs officially began last night with the first games of the opening round, so here’s what went down:
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Columbus Blue Jackets: The Lightning are v good. They tied the record for most wins during the regular season, and last night they came out to a hawt 3-0 start. Then things got super sloppy and Columbus stormed back to win 4-3. Mmmmmyikes. Blowing that kind of lead historically does not bode well for teams. Tampa will need to clean it up if it wants to continue on down the road.
- Sharks vs. Knights: And we had a guy lose some teeth in this one! Joe Pavelski of the Sharks deflected a shot off his jaw and actually managed to score. And listen, if I guy’s face helps your team score … your team better win. The Sharks won 5-2, so let’s all pour one out for Joe’s teeth. He lost a lot of good men out there.
- Islanders vs. Penguins: It was a home game for the Islanders, and they made that super clear by being loud af the entire time. This one went into overtime after the two were tied up 3-3 at the end of regulation, and the Islanders did their home crowd proud with a big time play to get the win. ‘Twas loud in there.
- Blues vs. Jets: The Blues won 2-1, thanks to an assist from Patrick Maroon to Tyler Bozack with a couple minutes left in the game. Patrick just lost his grandfather this week, so he dedicated the win to him. Super sweet. Gramps would be proud!
- Stars vs. Predators: Nashville was kind of a mess last night, so Dallas got the win 3-2. The Stars’ defense stifled the Preds, and their rookie defenseman, 19-year-old Miro Heiskanan became the youngest player in franchise history to score a playoff goal. The Preds coach said, “There was nothing encouraging about tonight.” Way to have a super positive outlook, guy.
* Overtime *