TDR: Damn Daniel
* Off the bench *
* Leading off *
College Football Recap
- No. 7 Notre Dame falls to No. 3 Georgia – Woaaaahhh, Notre Dame is way better than we were giving them credit for. It seemed like Georgia was going to pretty handedly put away the Fighting Irish (especially with how rowdy the stadium in Athens was Satuday night) but ND showed they aren’t to be scoffed at. The Bulldogs pulled out the 23-17 victory thanks to a fourth quarter touchdown that sealed the deal. This one will probably be a key game the committee looks at when deciding who should be in the Playoff at the end of the season. Bow wow wow.
- No. 8 Wisconsin kills No. 20 Michigan – Welp, we received answers to all the questions we had about these two teams. Wisconsin is the real deal, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is def on the hot seat and you can in fact sustain yourself for hours of beer and cheese. Wisconsin won 35-14, and those two touchdowns are the only points they’ve allowed this season. The Badgers shut out their first two opponents, so don’t look now, but they’re comin’ for a top 4 spot in the rankings. Meanwhile, Michigan has QB struggles, defensive struggles and coaching struggles … basically just a lotta problems. Go cool off in your lounging khakis and regroup with a cold glass of milk, Jim. You could use it.
- No. 7 Auburn puts away No. 23 Texas A&M – Auburn had Texas A&M’s number for most of this game on Saturday, leading 21-3 heading into the fourth quarter. The Aggies were able to get it going to at least make their loss a much less embarrassing 28-20 final score. Auburn should be in a real good mood because of that win, and also because they are clearly in good shape with their freshman quarterback Bo Nix. Bo bo was calm, cool, collected and shows a whole lotta promise for his Tigers. So the SEC keeps climbing up the rankings taking up five of the top 10 spots. Classic.
- Giants vs. Bucs – Who is he?!? He’s Daniel Jones. Congrats to Giants fan on a very fun, very exciting victory over Tampa this weekend. So long-time Giants QB Eli Manning was benched in favor of 6th overall draft pick Daniel Jones. People crushed the Giants for drafting Duke’s QB that early on, but who is laughing now. Jones rallied the Giants back from an 18-point halftime deficit to get the one point win over the Bucs, and he did it without stud running back Saquon Barkley. Jones threw for 300 yards, ran one in himself and apparently took everyone aback when he screamed at his teammates “Let’s f—in score!!” in the huddle. They were all like Daniel, we didn’t know you knew that word or had any personality at all. GOOD FOR YOU, DANIEL. Good for you.
- Ravens vs. Chiefs – We got a couple high-powered offenses on our hands for this one, and it was the first home game in Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs are so, so good. It is honestly so fun to watch their offense do their thing (when they aren’t playing your team). They were missing so many key players to injury during this one, and still crushed winning 33-28. Don’t forget about Ravens QB Lamar Jackson, though. He is off to a hot start this season, and definitely making things happen for his Ravens. This one was a true battle of two young, stud QBs. The future of our league! **Cut to 20 years from now when they are retiring and Tom Brady is still out there not eating strawberries and winning Super Bowls**
- Rams vs. Browns – And finally the Rams took down the Browns in Cleveland 20-13. Both teams were honestly very meh during this game, but the Rams were less meh. QB Jared Goff threw two touchdowns and two interceptions, while Baker Mayfield was sacked three times and was in a tough spot due to weird play calling by his coach. Could’ve been a really solid, statement win for Cleveland against the NFC Champions, but instead they are now 1-2. Rams … y’all gonna need to have a little more pop in the next coming weeks if you wanna keep winning.